Saturday 20 August 2011

Things Happen For a Reason

Song of the day: Pumped Up Kicks - Foster The People


People always say that many things happen for a reason. I never thought that kind of thing was true and for me life never gave second chances. However, now that I will have time during my gap year I will try and find out the answer to such sayings!


Some things about me:
I am an eighteen years old student who has finished A Levels. I was an offer holder from the University of Birmingham for Medicine. However, I thought getting the offer was the difficult part and decided that A Levels were just a walk in the park. Turns out, I was wrong. I didn't get the grades I needed and had no idea what to do.


First I wanted to give up on everything... but then I did some research and found some things on clearing that  I could do and then I could go for GEM. I was not very convinced and so decided to email some unis to ask about resit policies. About five of them gave a positive response so I have decided to resit two of my A Levels to push up my grade and then reapply in the next UCAS cycle. 


I will keep you updated on my UCAS, my gap year and just my non-interesting life in general so don't miss out!


I tweet a lot so you can follow me on twitter if you want  @behrouzn !


Also,  I previously had a blog about my first try with A Levels and UCAS. You can read it here


I think that is all for my first entry, hope you enjoy reading and do leave comments so that I don't start thinking I am talking to myself here :P


Thanks,
Beh

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your application! I don't believe things happen for a reason, but I do believe if you try hard enough for something and are determined enough you'll eventually get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @grumpybiomed Thanks. I hope you also get a place. I don't really like the blog title, may change it in the the future ;P

    Thanks for the read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What your first blog's link?
    I read through all your posts and congrats on your placement- it's really inspirational! I hope I could do the same as you at least! Including a blog, which I will start soon, and all the determination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Simple Punch, thanks for that :) glad you enjoyed it.

      My old blod is here http://i-am-sure.blogspot.co.uk . Hope you enjoy that one and best of luck :)

      ps. even though I never get time to blog anymore I really think you should give it a go ;)

      Delete